LEDSHOPPE undertakes to collect Your Data by means that are:
If you visit LEDSHOPPE's web-site, your web-browser automatically discloses, and LEDSHOPPE's web-server automatically logs, the following information: the date and time, the IP address from which you issued the request, the type of browser and operating system you are using, the URL of any page that referred you to the page, the URL you requested, and whether your request was successful. This data may or may not be sufficient to identify you.
Any additional data that you provide, e.g. in a web-form, may also be logged. This data may or may not be sufficient to identify you.
Any additional data that your web-browser automatically provides may also be logged. This will be the case, for example, if your browser has previously been requested to store data on your computer in'cookies' and submits them each time you request a web-page within a particular domain (such as LEDSHOPPE.com). This data may or may not be sufficient to identify you.
If you disclose personal data to LEDSHOPPE in conjunction with an identifier such as your name or your contact details (such as your e-mail address), LEDSHOPPE will collect Your Data. Moreover, any data that becomes available to LEDSHOPPE through any of the means described in the preceding paragraphs may be able to be associated with that identifier, and hence become Your Data.
Subject to the qualifications immediately below, LEDSHOPPE undertakes to collect Your Data from you and not from other parties. This undertaking is qualified as follows:
· Where LEDSHOPPE reasonably considers that the protection of its financial interests requires that it gather Your Data from other sources, or from additional sources. This applies in particular where LEDSHOPPE has a lending exposure to you, and seeks information about your creditworthiness;
· Where LEDSHOPPE reasonably considers that its capability to deliver quality services to you will be materially enhanced by gathering Your Data from other sources. This applies in particular to consumer profile data.
Where LEDSHOPPE collects Your Data from sources other than you, it undertakes:
· To do so only by legal means;
· To do so only with your Consent; and
· To declare to you what sources it uses, and under what circumstances.
LEDSHOPPE undertakes to declare the purpose of collection in a manner which is clear and meaningful, and to avoid vague, highly inclusive statements such as 'to support our operations'.
LEDSHOPPE undertakes to store Your Data in a manner that ensures security against unauthorized access, alteration or deletion, at a level commensurate with its sensitivity.
LEDSHOPPE undertakes to store Your Data only in jurisdictions where data protections are at least equivalent to those required under the OECD Guidelines.
LEDSHOPPE undertakes to transmit Your Data in a manner that ensures security against unauthorized access, alteration or deletion, at a level commensurate with its sensitivity.
LEDSHOPPE undertakes to implement appropriate measures to ensure security of Your Data against inappropriate behavior by LEDSHOPPE's staff-members and contractors. These include:
· Training for staff in relation to privacy;
· Access control, to limit access to Your Data to those staff and contractors who have legitimate reasons to access it;
· Particularly in the case of sensitive data, audit trails of accesses, including the identities of staff and contractors accessing the data;
· Reminders to staff and contractors from time to time about the importance of data privacy, and the consequences of inappropriate behavior;
· Declaration of appropriately strong sanctions that are to be applied in the event of inappropriate behavior
· Clear communication of policies and sanctions; and
· Processes to audit, to investigate and to impose sanctions.
Use refers to the application of Your Data by any part of LEDSHOPPE, or any staff-member or contractor of LEDSHOPPE in the course of their work.
LEDSHOPPE undertakes to use Your Data only for:
· The purposes for which it was collected;
· Such other purposes as are subsequently agreed between LEDSHOPPE and You;
· Such additional purposes as may be required by law. In these circumstances, LEDSHOPPE will take any reasonable steps available to it to communicate to You that the use has occurred, unless it is precluded from doing so by law; and
· Such additional purposes as are authorized by law (in particular to protect LEDSHOPPE's interests, e.g. if it believes on reasonable grounds that You have failed to fulfill your undertakings to LEDSHOPPE or have committed a breach of the criminal law).
When you register on LEDSHOPPE.com and subscribe to the categories you prefer, you will also be given the option of opt-out of subscribing to our regular updates. Once you subscribe, we’ll send you a mail alerts for featured offers, deals, new arrivals, contests, events of interest, system enhancement, and marketing promotions. Such alerts may include information about LEDSHOPPE.com, subsidiaries, or partners.
LEDSHOPPE undertakes to use Your Data only if it has demonstrable relevance to the particular use to which it is being put.
LEDSHOPPE undertakes to use Your Data in such a manner as to take into account the possibility that it is not of sufficient quality for the purpose, e.g. because it is inaccurate, out-of-date, incomplete, or out-of-context.
Disclosure refers to making Your Data available to any party other than LEDSHOPPE and You. The term disclosure may include many different conditions of data transfer, including selling, renting, trading, sharing and giving.
LEDSHOPPE undertakes to disclose Your Data only under the following circumstances:
· In the course of business being conducted between You and LEDSHOPPE, where disclosure is necessary to a contractor, such as payment processors like PayPal and transportation companies. Where Your Data is disclosed in this way, LEDSHOPPE undertakes to exercise control over LEDSHOPPE's contractors to ensure that their actions are compliant with these Terms;
· In other circumstances that are directly implied by the purpose agreed between You and LEDSHOPPE at the time of data collection or subsequently. Where Your Data is disclosed in this way, LEDSHOPPE undertakes to exercise control over LEDSHOPPE's contractors to ensure that their actions are compliant with these Terms;
· With your consent, or at your request;
· Where required by law, such as a provision of a statute, or a court order such as a search warrant or subpoena. In these circumstances, LEDSHOPPE will take any reasonable steps available to it to communicate to You that the disclosure has occurred, unless it is precluded from doing so by law;
· Where permitted by law (e.g. the reporting of suspected breach of the criminal law to a law enforcement agency; and in an emergency, where LEDSHOPPE believes on reasonable grounds that the disclosure of Your Data will materially assist in the protection of the life of health of some person), provided that LEDSHOPPE will apply due diligence to ensure that the exercise of the permission is justifiable.
In all cases, LEDSHOPPE undertakes to disclose only such of Your Data as is necessary in the particular circumstances.
Data Retention and Destruction
Subject to the qualifications immediately below, LEDSHOPPE undertakes:
· To retain Your Data only as long as is consistent with its purpose; and
· To destroy Your Data when its purpose has expired, and to do so in such a manner that Your Data is not subsequently capable of being recovered.
This undertaking is qualified as follows:
· Your Data may be retained in LEDSHOPPE's logs, backups and audit trails within short-term retention cycles that are devised to protect the company's operations. In such cases, Your Data will be destroyed in accordance with those cycles;
· Your Data may be retained beyond the expiry of its purpose if that is required by law, such as a provision of a statute, or a court order such as a search warrant or subpoena, or a warning by a law enforcement agency that delivery of a court order is imminent. In these circumstances LEDSHOPPE:
· Will take any reasonable steps available to it to communicate to You that Your Data is being retained, unless it is precluded from doing so by law; and
· Will only retain Your Data while that provision is current, and will then destroy Your Data;
· LEDSHOPPE follows all of the existing Google's Remarketing Privacy Guidelines, Policies, and Restrictions.
· LEDSHOPPE uses Analytics data and the DoubleClick cookie to serve ads based on your prior visits to LEDSHOPPE.com.
· You may opt out of the DoubleClick cookie by visiting the Google advertising opt-out page or you may opt out of Google Analytics by visiting the Google Analytics Opt-out page.
· Your Data may be retained beyond the expiry of its purpose if it is authorized by law (in particular to protect LEDSHOPPE's interests, e.g. if it believes on reasonable grounds that You have failed to fulfill your undertakings to LEDSHOPPE or have committed a breach of the criminal law). In these circumstances, LEDSHOPPE will only retain Your Data while that situation is current and will then destroy Your Data.
Access by You to Your Personal Data
LEDSHOPPE undertakes to provide you with access to Your Data, subject to only such conditions and processes as are reasonable in the circumstances. In particular, LEDSHOPPE undertakes to enable access:
· Without unreasonable delay
· Without cost
LEDSHOPPE undertakes to establish and operate identity authentication protections for access to Your Data that are appropriate to its sensitivity, but practical. This may involve some inconvenience; for example, relatively straightforward procedures may be involved in order to provide you with access through a channel that you have previously registered with LEDSHOPPE (such as a particular email-address), but may impose more onerous procedures if you wish to use some other channel.
In the event that you dispute some aspect of Your Data, LEDSHOPPE undertakes to take reasonable steps in relation to the amendment, supplementation or deletion of Your Data.
· Not to seek access for frivolous purposes, or unreasonably frequently;
· To accept that deletion of some data may not be consistent with the provision of particular services by LEDSHOPPE to you.
Information about Data-Handling Practices
LEDSHOPPE undertakes to make information available to you about the manner in which LEDSHOPPE handles your data:
· In general terms, in a readily accessible manner
· In more specific terms, on request
Where Your Data is disclosed to a contractor, LEDSHOPPE undertakes to make information available to you on request about the manner in which LEDSHOPPE's contractors handle your data.
LEDSHOPPE undertakes to ensure that the information provided is meaningful and addresses your concerns.
· Not to seek such information for frivolous purposes, or unreasonably frequently
· To accept that the disclosure of excessive detail may harm the security of Your Data and LEDSHOPPE's business processes, and may harm LEDSHOPPE's commercial interests.
Handling of Enquiries, General Concerns and Complaints
If you have enquiries, general concerns, or complaints about these Terms, or about LEDSHOPPE's behavior in relation to these Terms, you undertake:
To communicate them in the first instance:
· To LEDSHOPPE only
· In sufficient detail
· Through a channel made available by LEDSHOPPE for that purpose
· To provide one or more channels for communications to LEDSHOPPE, which are convenient to users
· To promptly provide acknowledgement of the receipt of communications, including the provision of a copy of the communication, the date and time it was registered, and LEDSHOPPE's reference-code for the communication;
· To promptly provide a response to the communication, in an appropriate and meaningful manner.
You further undertake to not pursue LEDSHOPPE through any Regulator or the media:
· Until and unless LEDSHOPPE has had a reasonable opportunity to respond to the initial communication; and
· While LEDSHOPPE and you remain are conducting a meaningful dialogue about the matter.
LEDSHOPPE declares that its undertakings in these Terms are intended to create legal obligations, and that those obligations are intended to be enforceable under appropriate laws in appropriate jurisdictions. These include laws relating to data protection, privacy, fair trading, corporations and criminal laws.
You undertake to seek enforcement only in a jurisdiction that is relevant to the transactions that have taken place between You and LEDSHOPPE, in particular the jurisdiction in which you live or in which you performed the relevant acts, and the jurisdiction in which LEDSHOPPE is domiciled or performed the relevant acts.
If you wish to discover the relevant laws in any particular jurisdiction, LEDSHOPPE draws your attention to the following resources:
· Compilation of [U.S.] State and Federal Privacy Laws, Privacy Journal, Providence RI
· Privacy Law Sourcebook 2004, EPIC, Washington DC
· the Australian Privacy Foundation's pages: